Today’s Parenting Tip:
DECIDE: Career planning is a helpful activity.
- How did you get into the occupation you are in?
- Did you plan it? If so, was that helpful? If not, do you wish you had done more planning?
- Were you guided into it by a parent, teacher, or other adult?
- Was it a good choice for you? Why or why not?
- Was your education right for your occupation or did you have to back up and fill in educational gaps?
- Is there anything you learned on your path to an occupation that could help your child with his future career planning?
Today’s Parenting Tip was inspired by our featured picture book, IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT. Read the book to a child in your life each day as a reminder of what you are deciding and practicing that day.
Come back each day for another good parenting decision and how to practice it. (Each day’s activity will also be posted on the Daily Parenting Tips page for easy access.)
Read the whole story at Your Child’s Special Talents, Part 3.