Today’s Parenting Tip:
This Parenting Tip is a reminder about things you can do to help your child get a good start at school this year.
Most children miss certain special things while they are at school. What will your child miss while at school (blanket, toy, TV show, mom-time, a friend)?
Some ways to help with your child’s feelings of loss:
- Tell her that her toys will be in their usual place waiting for her return.
- If there is a younger child still at home, tell her that her toys will be protected – and make sure they are.
- Record a favorite TV show so she can watch it after school.
- Plan one-on-one time with Mom or Dad.
- Make a plan for playtime with a missed friend.
Read more about back-to-school: Lessons Learned about Back-to-School.
Come back to Daily Parenting Tips each day for another helpful tip.