Today’s Parenting Tip:
DECIDE: Words are the key to being a good reader.
PRACTICE: Teach your child a new word every day this week. Display a list of the words you come up with.
Think of as many ways as you can for your child to learn the word:
* Spell it with magnetic letters
* Listen to you say it several times each day
* Say the word himself several times each day
* Point the word out in books you read to him or he reads to you
* Hear from you about what the word means and how it is used.
* Draw a picture about each word.
Today’s Parenting Tip was inspired by our featured picture book, MR. ZINGER’S HAT. Read the book to a child in your life each day as a reminder of what you are deciding and practicing that day.
Come back each day for another good parenting decision and how to practice it. (Each day’s activity will also be posted on the Daily Parenting Tips page for easy access.)
Read the whole story at The Importance of Storytelling.