Not everyone knows that …
- You can communicate with babies – keep talking to, patting, and holding babies you care about.
- Babies can communicate with you – when they are fussy, keep trying different responses (holding, changing, feeding, etc.) until you get the baby’s message.
- Babies make “decisions” about themselves, those taking care of them, and the world around them – important decisions. For example, babies are deciding whether they can trust you to take care of them.
- Babies store the “decisions” they make deep inside them, and those “decisions” stick with them for a long, long time. If babies decide they can trust you; they will also decide to trust others when they are older.
- The “decisions” that babies make influence the decisions and actions they take throughout their life. If babies learn that the world is an OK place; they can find joy in life forever.