Today’s Parenting Reminder:
One way to deal with bad dreams …
Ask your child, “What if you had a bad dream about big hairy monsters? How could you turn that monster into a not-so-scary monster?
Take turns suggesting what the “nice” monster will be like. For example:
- “My monster will be teeny tiny.”
- “Mine will have no teeth. His name is Gummy.”
- “My monster will be furry and cuddly.”
- Mine will be so sleepy he can’t wake up no matter how hard he tries.”
- “My monster has will have no legs. He just weeble-wobbles on his very round behind.”
Tell him you will remind him how to do this anytime he has a bad dream.
Read more about sleep: Getting Kids to Sleep.
Next Parenting Reminder will be on October 12, 2015 (Daily Parenting Tips).
Check Daily Parenting Tips for hundreds of past helpful reminders.