Monday’s Parenting Thought
Natural and logical consequences:
- A child knows the rule and what the consequences will be for breaking that rule – long before there is any issue about following the rule.
- A child understands how the consequence is connected to the rule
- A child’s choice to break the rule is what makes the consequence happen.
- A child doesn’t really know ahead of time what the consequences will be for breaking the rule.
- How the rule and the punishment are connected is not easily understood.
- A parent makes the punishment happen.